Introduction to Information Systems, 5th Edition International Student Version
- Penulis: R. Kelly Rainer, Brad Prince, Casey G. Cegielski,
- E-ISBN: 9781118808825
- Penerbit: Wiley
- Detail Buku
The goal of Rainer, Introduction to Information Systems 5e is to teach all business majors, especially undergraduate ones, how to use information technology to master their current or future jobs and to help ensure the success of their organization. To accomplish this goal, this text helps students to become informed users; that is, persons knowledgeable about information systems and information technology. The focus is not on merely learning the concepts of IT but rather on applying those concepts to facilitate business processes. The content concentrate on placing information systems in the context of business, so that students will more readily grasp the concepts presented in the text.
The theme of this book is What’s In IT for Me? This question is asked by all students who take this course. The book will show you that IT is the backbone of any business, whether a student is majoring in Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, or Production/Operations Management.
Chapter 1 - Introduction to Information Systems
Chapter 2 - Organizational Strategy, Competitive Advantage, and Information Systems
Chapter 3 - Ethics and Privacy
Chapter 4 - Information Security
Chapter 5 - Data and Knowledge Management
Chapter 6 - Networks
Chapter 7 - E-Business and E-Commerce
Chapter 8 - Wireless, Mobile Computing, and Mobile Commerce
Chapter 9 - Social Computing
Chapter 10 - Enterprise Resource Planning Systems
Chapter 11 - CRM and SCM
Chapter 12 - Business Intelligence
Chapter 13 - Acquiring Information Systems and Applications
TG 1 - Hardware
TG 2 - Software
TG 3 - Cloud Computing
TG 4 - Intelligent Systems
TG 5 - Protecting Your Information Assets
These changes make the book more interesting and readable for students in all business majors, while still providing the most current information possible in the rapidly changing field of information systems.
- A new chapter on Social Computing (Chapter 9).
- A new Technology Guide on Cloud Computing (Technology Guide 3).
- A new section on Big Data in Chapter 5 (Data and Knowledge Management).
- An expanded section on Business Processes in Chapter 2 (Organizational Strategy, Competitive Advantage, and Information Systems).
- A new section on Enterprise Resource Planning in Chapter 10 (ERP Systems)
- All new or updated chapter-opening and closing cases.
- All new or updated IT’s About Business features in every chapter.
- New “Internship Activities” replace the Ruby’s Club activities from previous editions and provide a continuing case that requires students to apply decision-making skills to the chapter content.
- New author lecture videos by Kelly Rainer for every section of every chapter will facilitate switch to “flipped classrooms” and/or will provide additional learning support for students.
- What s in IT for Me? This instructor-praised feature demonstrates how IT topics relate to students in each major Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Operations Management, MIS, and Human Resource Management. Chapter-opening “teasers” list specific tasks for each major that the chapter will help prepare students to do.
- IT’s About Business cases, several within every chapter, feature vivid examples from large corporations, small businesses, government and not-for-profit organizations to show the connection between IT and business.
- Technology Guides offer additional material on technology topics not included in the main text and current hot topics in IT.
- Concise and engaging chapters provide what students need to know without overwhelming them with details.