Principles of Physics, 10th Edition International Student Version
- Penulis: David Halliday, Robert Resnick, Jearl Walker,
- E-ISBN: 9781118413784
- Penerbit: Wiley
- Detail Buku
The 10th edition of Halliday’s Fundamentals of Physics builds upon previous editions by offering several new features to address the common course issues in calc-based Physics. Examples include: chapter sections organized and numbered to match the Concept Modules; added Learning Objectives; illustrations changed to reflect multimedia versions available in WileyPLUS; and new free body diagrams, GO tutorials and video illustrations in WileyPLUS.
The new edition offers the most accurate, extensive and varied set of assessment questions of any course management program in addition to all questions including some form of question assistance – including answer-specific feedback – to facilitate success. The text also offers multimedia presentations (videos and animations) of much of the material that provide an alternative pathway through the material; ideal for those who struggle with reading scientific exposition. Furthermore, the book includes math review content in both a self-study module for more in-depth review. Also, just-in-time math videos are available for a quick refresher on a specific topic.
The Halliday content is widely accepted as clear, correct, and
complete. The end-of-chapters problems are without
peer. The new design, which was introduced in 9e continues
with 10e, making this new edition of Halliday the most accessible
and reader-friendly book on the market.
WileyPLUS sold separately from text.
Chapter 1 Measurement
Chapter 2 Motion Along a Straight Line
Chapter 3 Vector
Chapter 4 Motion in Two and Three Dimensions
Chapter 5 Force and Motion I
Chapter 6 Force and Motion II
Chapter 7 Kinetic Energy and Work
Chapter 8 Potential Energy and Conservation of Energy
Chapter 9 Center of Mass and Linear Momentum
Chapter 10 Rotation
Chapter 11 Rolling, Torque, and Angular Momentum
Chapter 12 Equilibrium and Elasticity
Chapter 13 Gravitation
Chapter 14 Fluids
Chapter 15 Oscillations
Chapter 16 Waves I
Chapter 17 Waves II
Chapter 18 Temperature, Heat, and the First Law of Thermodynamics
Chapter 19 The Kinetic Theory of Gases
Chapter 20 Entropy and the Second Law of Thermodynamics
Chapter 21 Electric Charge
Chapter 22 Electric Fields
Chapter 23 Gauss' Law
Chapter 24 Electric Potential
Chapter 25 Capacitance
Chapter 26 Current and Resistance
Chapter 27 Circuits
Chapter 28 Magnetic Fields
Chapter 29 Magnetic Fields Due to Currents
Chapter 30 Induction and Inductance
Chapter 31 Electromagnetic Oscillations and Alternating Current
Chapter 32 Maxwell's Equations; Magnetism of Matter
Chapter 33 Electromagnetic Waves
Chapter 34 Images
Chapter 35 Interference
Chapter 36 Diffraction
Chapter 37 Relativity
Chapter 38 Photons and Matter Waves
Chapter 39 More About Matter Waves
Chapter 40 All About Atoms
Chapter 41 Conduction of Electricity in Solids
Chapter 42 Nuclear Physics
Chapter 43 Energy from the Nucleus
Chapter 44 Quarks, Leptons, and the Big Bang
- New in WileyPLUS;
- Video Illustrations
- Vector drawing questions
- Links between homework problems and learning objectives.
- Double the number of GO tutorials. Roughly 20% of all EOC problems in the book have a GO tutorial
- Concept Modules and Learning Objectives. Chapters were restructured into modules based on a primary concept. Each module begins with learning objectives (the skills and learning points that should be gathered in reading the module).
- Rewritten chapters. Based on his active teaching, Jearl Walker has identified material that students have been particularly challenged by (eg Gauss’ law and electric potential) and has rewritten this information so that the presentations are now smoother and more direct to the key points. Some other changes include expanded coverage of the Schrödinger equation including reflection of matter waves from a step potential and a decoupling of the discussion of the Bohr atom from the Schrödinger solution for the hydrogen atom.
- New Sample Problems and Homework Question and Problems. 16 new sample problems, 350 problems and 50 questions some of which come from prior editions back by popular demand.
- In WileyPLUS;
- Robust online homework system includes ALL end of chapter problems in the book plus more online
- Online aid in the form of just-in-time problem-solving tutorials, embedded reading quizzes, animated figures, hundreds of sample problems, simulations, demonstrations, and over 1500 videos ranging from MathSkills review to mini-lectures to examples and solutions.
- Problem-Solving Help including every sample problem in the text available online in reading and video formats, hundreds of additional sample problems, GO tutorials, Hints on every end-of-chapter problem.
- Math Skills Module (Chapter 0 in WileyPLUS)
- The Flying Circus of Physics, also written by Jearl Walker, is incorporated into sample problems, text examples and end-of-chapter problems providing interesting real-world physics.
- Reading questions (available online) help test for reading comprehension
- Checkpoints offer stopping points so students can check their understanding of a question.
- Sample problems demonstrate how problems can be solved with reasoned solutions rather than quick and simplistic plugging of numbers into an equation with no regard for what the equation means.