Introduction to Physics, 9th Edition International Student Version
- Penulis: John D. Cutnell, Kenneth W. Johnson,
- E-ISBN: 9781118379479
- Penerbit: Wiley
- Detail Buku
Research studies have shown that there is a strong correlation between time on task and student learning gains. PHYSICS 9e with WileyPLUS offers instructors innovative new tools for engaging students. Through the use of a proven pedagogy that includes integrated reading activities, instructors are able to much more effectively monitor student reading and progress, resulting in a higher level of student engagement with the course content.
Success in physics is also based on practice. Working high quality problem sets is one of the best ways for students to learn physics. However, to get the greatest benefit from working problems students need immediate feedback and expert coaching. PHYSICS 9e with WileyPLUS offers an extensive and tested set of assessment questions and sophisticated wrong answer feedback.
1 Introduction and Mathematical Concepts 1
2 Kinematics in One Dimension 27
3 Kinematics in Two Dimensions 57
4 Forces and Newton’s Laws of Motion 85
5 Dynamics of Uniform Circular Motion 130
6 Work and Energy 155
7 Impulse and Momentum 189
8 Rotational Kinematics 216
9 Rotational Dynamics 240
10 Simple Harmonic Motion and Elasticity 276
11 Fluids 310
12 Temperature and Heat 348
13 The Transfer of Heat 384
14 The Ideal Gas Law and Kinetic Theory 406
15 Thermodynamics 431
16 Waves and Sound 467
17 The Principle of Linear Superposition and Interference Phenomena 503
18 Electric Forces and Electric Fields 529
19 Electric Potential Energy and the Electric Potential 565
20 Electric Circuits 595
21 Magnetic Forces and Magnetic Fields 637
22 Electromagnetic Induction 674
23 Alternating Current Circuits 713
24 Electromagnetic Waves 739
25 The Reflection of Light: Mirrors 768
26 The Refraction of Light: Lenses and Optical Instruments 790
27 Interference and the Wave Nature of Light 836
28 Special Relativity 869
29 Particles and Waves 895
30 The Nature of the Atom 918
31 Nuclear Physics and Radioactivity 952
32 Ionizing Radiation, Nuclear Energy, and Elementary Particles 982
• Significantly expanded multi-media assets in WileyPLUS including videos as well as a number of new animations that complement key figures in the new edition. These new features provide a more engaging and informative format to help students get a better grasp of key concepts.
• Math Skills addresses the issue of varying degrees of student mathematical preparedness. This new feature appears as sidebars throughout the text designed to provide additional help with mathematics for students who need it, yet be unobtrusive for students who don't.
• Additional MCAT preparation in the form of a complete self-study module in WileyPLUS containing hundreds of MCAT-style questions.
• Streamlined design that's more engaging and inviting to read.
• Features that help students improve their ability to reason in an organized and mathematically correct manner: Explicit reasoning steps in all examples, Reasoning Strategies for solving certain classes of problems, Analyzing Multiple-Concept Problems, homework problems with associated Guided Online (GO) Tutorials, Interactive LearningWare (an online feature), Interactive Solutions (an online features)
• Examples that show students the relevance of physics to their lives: a wide range of applications from everyday physics to modern technology to biomedical applications. There is extensive support for premed and biomedical students including biomedical applications in the text and end of chapter problems marked with a caduceus, practice MCAT exams, and a supplemental book of biomedical applications.
• High quality problem sets with immediate feedback and varying levels of assistance in the form of hints, suggestions, links to the text, guided online tutorials, video tutorials, animations and other multi-media help that are controlled by instructors.